Monday, August 19, 2013

100 Color Challenge


I don't like to use up much time in class explaining things. I just don't. I would rather a mad frenzy than a bunch of yawns. I find it tricky to gets kids warmed up to the art classroom at the beginning of the year. At the grand opening of the Painting Center this year, we began work on a 100 Color Challenge. My hope is that by working with a partner in this color exploration my students will discover new ways to create colors and use these in their paintings throughout the year. So far they are having a blast!





3 comments:

  1. Super cool! I'm trying this with my 6th graders this week! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it would engage the students right away! I'm between 2 schools full time and want to engage the students immediately. I am working on setting up both rooms with choice based ideas...e-mail me if you have any other suggestions. mcesayles@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are they using as palettes? Do they clean/reuse them?

    ReplyDelete